Sparking engaged learning through sport & Wordplay
SCORES programming is designed to allow every child to feel safe, supported, challenged, and open to the thrills of creative and physical expression within an engaged community.
Structured afterschool soccer programs
US Soccer Foundation “Soccer for Success” Curricula
- Training & ongoing support for coaches
- Management of Interscholastic SCORES League
- Soccer equipment for participants: jerseys, balls, etc.
- Supplemental Game Day services: Book Giveaways, Family Nutrition Workshops
- Patches, Awards, and Recognition
Structured afterschool poetry and service learning programs
- Research-based curricula
- Teacher training and support
- Writing supplies: Journals, pencils, stickers
- Special Events: Poetry Slams, Shout events
- Additional showcase opportunities: Radio poets, publications, etc.
Partnership Underscores Everything
SCORES works in deep collaboration with schools and “lead agency” partners to create each school's SCORES program. It's a team approach from the very start. With SCORES guidance, schools assemble teaching teams of writing coaches and soccer coaches. Students take part in all components of the program - writing, soccer, service learning - as part of a SCORES team.
Partner Host Sites Provide
- Staff member(s) to coach the team for practices, writing workshops, and Game Days
- A field or play yard and classroom space to conduct practice and classes
- A Fee for Service of about 25% of the total direct cost to run the program