WE PLAY FOR IMPACT
Remarkable outcomes, one child at a time.
Academic confidence increases rapidly for SCORES poet-athletes. SCORES poetry workshops unleash creativity and boost both writing and public speaking skills. Gains are particularly dramatic for ELL students (Engligh Language Learners.)
SCORES signicifantly improves children's health outcomes. Students at risk for chronic health problems experience sharp gains in physical fitness, nutrition, and healthy habits. Numerous medically-backed studies demonstrate that participation in SCORES programming leads to decreased BMI, increased aerobic capacity, and changes in attitudes about healthy eating and physical activities.
Empathy & Engagement
SCORES students report heightened motivation to learn, improved self confidence and self esteem, and a greater sense of belonging. SCORES students are changemakers, tackling tangible issues that impact their own communities.
- Community Crime Prevention Associates
- Department of Education (New York)
- Hannah Thompson, PhD UC Berkeley
- Jackson Hole Group (James Lee)
- Kris Madsen, PhD UC Berkeley
- Rex Green, PhD and Quality Transformation Team (QTT)
- Philliber Research Associates
- US Soccer Foundation
1. 98% HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION RATE VS 69-86% IN PEER GROUPS
98% High School Graduation (LA SCORES 2014) - America SCORES Los Angeles survey of ASLA alumni since 2002. Comparative statistics: CA rate for 2017 - 83%; ELL CA rate for 2017- 69%; LAUSD rate for 2017- 78%; Hayward USD for 2017 - 78%; SFUSD for 2017 - 86%. https://www.ed-data.org
2. 57% MEET STATE STANDARDS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, MORE THAN THREE TIMES THAT OF THE PEER GROUP
57% meet state standards in English Language Arts vs 18% in peer group (same districts) - UpMetrics in partnership with the Department of Education and America SCORES New York, 2015-2016 3rd grade academic results compared to overall NYC scores
3. 98% SCHOOL ATTENDANCE RATES AS REPORTED BY TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS.
98% increase in school attendance as reported by teachers and principals (Cleveland Impact Report, Cleveland Scores with the Cleveland Clinic)
4. 98% PARENTS REPORT INCREASED ACADEMIC AND SOCIAL CONFIDENCE
98% parents report increased academic and social confidence “America SCORES Evaluation Report 2013 with Rex Green and Quality Transformation Team (QTT)
5. 92% EXERCISE MORE
92% exercise more on their own (Cleveland Impact Report, Cleveland Scores with the Cleveland Clinic)
6. 89% IMPROVE AEROBIC CAPACITY BY AN AVERAGE OF 21%
89% improved aerobic capacity by an average of 21%, ASBA in partnership with Kaiser •21% increase in aerobic capacity: "America SCORES National Evaluation Report “Reaching Our Goals” compiled by Philliber Research Associates during 2005-2006 season from data collected from 12 America SCORES sites and 1300 students nationwide”. Also demonstrated in pre and post Pacer tests evaluations as part of partnership with US Soccer Foundation and Kaiser Permanente.
7. 73% OF SCORES STUDENTS REACH THE HEALTH FITNESS ZONE (VS 40% BASELINE, 50% FOR PEER GROUP)
73% of SCORES students reach the Health Fitness Zone: “America SCORES Bay Area 2015 Kaiser Permanente/St. Francis Foundation pre/post test evaluation at 12 SFUSD elementary schools”
8. SHOW INCREASE IN COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK AS REPORTED BY TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS
97% demonstrate increase in cooperation and teamwork as reported by principles and teachers (ClevelandCleveland Impact Report, Cleveland Scores with the Cleveland Clinic)
9. INCREASED ABILITY TO GET ALONG WITH OTHERS
Findings of both the Community Crime Prevention Associates and Rex Green and Quality Transformation Team (QTT)
10. SAY SCORES HELPED BOOST RESILIENCE, ALLOWING THEM TRY AGAIN AFTER MAKING A MISTAKE
90% say SCORES helped them try again after a mistake *(California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) 2015-17, evaluated by Dr. Hannah Thompson, PhD.
To delve into more statistics, check out comprehensive data compiled for the SCORES California Healthy Kids Survey 2015-2017 lead by UC Berkely's Dr. Hannah Thompson, PhD.